Most of us suffer from having pimples at some point in our lives. Many of us don’t just experience pimples, but acne too. Yes, acne is more embarrassing and ugly-looking than pimples, because they’re bigger, redder, and they can sometimes be inflamed.
Acne can be painful too when touched. So it’s really a problem, especially because it usually breaks during adolescence. There are now many products designed to control acne outbreaks. The problem with using products is that they don’t work to most of us. Some of them can even make the acne worse instead of zapping it out.
The good thing is that you can actually somehow lessen it and control it by just doing simple things that has something to do with health and hygiene.
The following are the steps you can follow in getting rid of acne.
- Maintaining proper hygiene is very important. You can do this by washing your face twice daily. But don’t wash for more than three times a day because it can cause irritation. When washing, focus on the entire face and move up to the hairline and down to the neck. Just gently rub the skin in circular motion using your fingertips. After, just rinse your face using lukewarm water. You must also avoid getting too sweaty, especially on the face. So avoid hot places as much as possible. If you have a long hair, make sure that you pull it back. You should also keep the dirt and germs off your face.
- You must also watch out your diet. Change your diet if necessary. You should try to achieve an overall health by eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. Take as much vitamins and minerals as you can.Avoiding some foods and drinks is also very effective as there are foods that can worsen acne. The following foods should be avoided: unhealthy foods, greasy foods, candy, chocolates, and junk foods.
- You should not allow hair products to stream down your face. So if necessary, put towel on your face whenever you are applying any hair product life gel or hairspray. Also, whenever you take your shower, make sure that the last thing you do is to rinse your face since shampoo and conditioner might have had streamed down your face.
- You can also try some acne-solution products available in the market. However, be extra careful when choosing the products. There are many products that don’t work at all or that can just worse the condition.You must also be very careful when purchasing skin products like sunscreens, lotion, and make-up. Make sure that you only choose the oil-free ones. You should try to find non-acnegenic or non-comedogenic on the label because they are the most effective and the safest skin products.
- But if you want to take the surest route, then consult a dermatologist.
To know more about acne treatments, you should also try some of the homeopathic and natural remedies that have proven to zap out acne.